Welcome to the Faculty of Accounting, Banking and Finance.
We are one of the leading providers of Accounting, Banking and Finance education and development in Ghana. The Faculty is located in the new modern Lecture Block Complex (LBC), with lecture halls equipped with facilities to enhance the education of our students. The Faculty offers both Degree and Professional programmes, serving both the national and International communities.
We provide purposeful education to engender global citizens who are mindful of responsibilities to self and society. Our programmes are tailored to ensure that students develop to become professionals who can manage ethically, sensitively and holistically in a range of organisations in an increasingly global and rapidly changing environment. We pride ourselves in the knowledge that our graduates, upon completion are successful in almost all spheres of business, industrial, community and professional life, contributing effectively to local, national and international development.
The Faculty of Accounting and Finance is headed by the Dean, Mr. George Quartey.
The Faculty has two departments:
- Department of Accounting, headed by Mr. Kwadwo Obeng
- Department of Banking and Finance, headed by Mr. Charles Barnor.
The Faculty has an administrative section, which supports its activities:
Mr. Farouk Iliasu is the Faculty Officer and is assisted by two Departmental Officers; Ms Sadia Mahama, responsible for the department of Banking and Finance and Ms Dorothy Siaw- Marfo for Accounting. Mr Augustine Ofori is the Faculty Records Officer.
The faculty has two students associations, the Banking and Finance Students Association (BaFSA) and the Department of Accounting Students Association (DASA.
- Financial Analysis
- Risk Control Strategies
- Management, Accounting and Financial Strategies
- Audit and Internal Review
- Public Sector Accounting
- Macro Economics
- Development (poverty, Income distribution, Unemployment Issues)
The Faculty boasts of a new state of the art Lecture Block Complex, well-furnished lecture halls equipped with projectors, white boards and microphones for lecturers’ and students’ use. There is a large Conference Room where the Faculty and students hold seminars and conferences. In addition, private study rooms for use outside lecture hours are also available. The LBC also houses offices for lecturers and administrative staff.
The Programmes taught in the Faculty include:
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) Banking and Finance
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) Accounting
- Diploma in Business Administration (DBA-Accounting Option)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants, Ghana (ICAG)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) U.K.
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) U.K