- Venue and Time of Examination:Candidates are advised to consult the Final Examinations Time-table regularly to avoid lateness or missingthe Examinations entirely.
- Registration for Examination: It is the duty of the candidate to make sure that he/she is properly registered for a particular Examination by making reference tohis/her Registration Confirmation Slip.
- Time for entering the Examination Hall: It is the responsibility of ALL candidates of any particular examination to find the examination hall well in advance and be seated at least thirty (30) minutes before the commencement of the examination.
- Admission into the Examination Hall:Candidates would be allowed into the Examination hall by showing their STUDENTIDENTIFICATION CARDS to the Invigilators. Candidates who do not possess an Identification Card may be refused entry to an examination hall by the Invigilator. Candidates are therefore advised to secure their Student Identification Cards before commencement of any examination.
- Seating Arrangement for the Examination: Candidates must sit ONLYat the desks where their Examination/Index Numbers are indicated.
- Prohibition of Foreign materials: Candidates will not be permitted tobring bags, note books, textbooks or any other item considered as foreign materials to the Examination Halls or verandas.
- Use of Index Numbers:Candidates are required to use their Index Numbers (written in full) throughout the examinations. Under no circumstance must a candidate’s name or any other personal information other than the Index Number, be written on any part of the answer booklets, graph sheets, etc provided. Candidates who fail to comply would be penalized.
- Possession of Mobile Phone in Examination Hall:Mobile phonesand any other miniature or hand-held digital devices with storage e.g. wrist watches are not allowed in the Examination Halls; whether switched on/off/silent. Candidates are warned that sanctions would be applied to those who may flout this regulation.
- Sending Printed Materials into the Examination Hall: Candidates may only take printed materials or manuscripts into an Examination Hall when it has previously been advertised together with the Examination Time-table or when stated in the rubricson the question paper. Such materials or items must be presented to the Invigilator for inspection when entering the examination hall.
- Sending Mathematical Instruments into the Examination Hall:Candidates may use their own slide-rules, mathematical instruments and other aids as the regulations or the rubrics on the paper may permit. Such materials or items must be presented to the Invigilator for inspection when entering the examination hall.
- Use of Calculators: When calculators are permitted they should be hand-held, quiet, self-powered and portable. Examination question papers shall state whether programmable calculators and/or information storage devices shall be allowed. Calculator instructions/manuals will not be allowed in examination rooms under any circumstance. Candidates are responsible for the functioning of their own calculators.
- Sharing of items in the Examination Hall: The sharing of items, such as erasers, pencils, mathematical sets, ruler etc, is not permitted in the examination hall. Candidates are therefore advised to bring along their own set of items to be used in the examination.
- Use of Student Identification Card during Examination:Each candidate shall be required to place his/her student’s identificationcard on the desk in the examination hall for the duration of the paper. Impersonation is prohibited and it constitutes cheating. Both the impersonator and the candidate shall be deemed to be in breach of the regulations of the examination.
- Smoking at the Examination Hall: Smoking is not permitted in the Examination Hall.
- Language Usage:All questions in any written examination must be answered in EnglishLanguageunless instructions on the question paper indicate otherwise.
- Signing of the Examination Attendance Register: Candidates must sign the Examination attendance Register when it is presented to them by the Invigilator atany time during each examination.
- Commencement of the Examination:No Candidate shall be permitted to start any examination until formally instructed to do so by the Invigilator-In-Charge.
- Late Arrival atthe Examination Hall
Candidates will not be admitted into an Examination Hall thirty (30) minutes after the start of the Examination.
- First thirty (30) Minutes and last Fifteen (15) Minutes of an Examination:Candidates will not be permitted to leave the Examination Hall during the first thirty (30) minutes and the last fifteen (15) minutes of any particular examination. Candidates who may have any genuine excuse to this regulation should write to the Examinations Officer One week prior to the commencement of the Semester Examination for permission.
- Permission to go out of the Examination Hall:Any candidate who may be permitted to leave an Examination Hall temporarily must be accompanied by an Invigilator or any Officer engaged for the purpose.
- Possession of Foreign Material:Candidates found to be in possession of foreign materials will be made to write a statement before continuing with the exam.
- Communication in the Examination Hall: Any candidate caught communicating with another candidate shall be deemed to have committed an offence/examination malpractice and would be penalized. Candidates should address all complaints/questions to Invigilators.
- Finishing an Examination before Time: A candidate who finishes writing an examination ahead of scheduled time may be allowed to leave the Examination hall after submitting his/her answer booklet to the Invigilator and duly signed the attendance register. The said Candidate shall prompt the Invigilator by raising his hand up without making any noise to distract other candidates. He/she must remain seated until the invigilator has asked him/her to leave the examination hall and shall not in any way be allowed to return to the Examination hall for that particular Examination.
- Leaving the Examination Hall:When “stop work” is announced, Candidates must not leave the Examination Hall until their writtenwork has been collectedby an Invigilator and have been dismissed accordingly.
- End of an Examination:When the Lead Invigilator announces the end of the Examination,candidatesshall stop writing immediately and remain seated in silence. They are to remain seated until all answer booklets have been collected before being allowed to leave the exam hall.
- Sending Examination Materials out of Examination Halls: Mathematical tables and other materials such as answer booklets, graph sheets etc. provided for use in an Examination should not be removed from the Examination Hall whether used or not.