The Unit shares offices with the Students Service Unit, located in the Lecture Block Complex (LBC) Ground Floor, Room 108/109. The University does not give direct financial assistance or loan to students, however, through the Financial Aid outfit, offers financial assistance in various forms. These include:
A. Administrative support in the form of introductory letters, recommendations to students seeking financial assistance from corporate organizations, Religious bodies, Municipal and District Assemblies, MP Common Fund, individuals philanthropists, N.G.Os and endorsement of financial aid application forms.
B. Facilitating the assessment of loans by students from the Students Loan Trust Fund (SLTF)
THE STUDENTS LOAN TRUST FUND (SLTF) is an agency under the Ministry of Education, responsible for disbursing subsidised loans to Ghanaian students pursuing accredited tertiary programmes in accredited tertiary institutions and recover same from beneficiaries upon completion.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE LOAN
• Obtain a SSNIT number
• Find ONE guarantor
• Open an e-zwich account
• Log on to www.sltf.gov.gh to apply
WHO QUALIFIES TO GUARANTEE?
• A SSNIT Contributor who has at least 3 years of contribution
• A Metropolitan, Municipal or a District Assembly (MMDA)
• A Religious Body (Christian, Moslem, etc) which body should have been in existence for at least 10 years and has a national presence
• A Corporate Organisation listed on the GSE or in the ‘Ghana Club 100’ companies
MODE OF DISBURSEMENT
• Means Testing is used to determine the amount of loan for an applicant
• Half the allocated amount is disbursed each semester
Contact: SLTF, UPSA: 0302 923 928/0501 402 579 OR visit the Fund’s office at AB9 on UPSA Campus.
C. TERTIARY EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIP TRUST (TEST) FOR GHANA
Test for Ghana is a foreign funded (UK) scholarship managed by Ghanaian Board of Trustees and applicable in most tertiary institutions in Ghana.
Mode of Application:
Log on to www.testforghana.com for the application forms.
Applications are opened from February to June and August each year.
STUDENTS SERVICE OFFICE