Name: Dr. Kofi Baah Boamah
Faculty: Accounting and Finance
Department: Banking & Finance Department
- Business Finance
- Quantitative Methods
- Environmental Economics
- Investment and Portfolio Analysis
- Management Science
Dr. Kofi Baah Boamah is a distinguished researcher with diverse background and teaching experience in Quantitative Methods, Business Finance, Investment & Portfolio Management, Financial Markets, and Environmental Economics. He is currently engaged as a Lecturer at the Department of Banking and Finance of the University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA), Ghana.
Prior to joining UPSA, Dr. Boamah worked with reputable institutions such as Data Link Institute, Ghana Technology University, Jiangsu University, Stanbic Bank Ghana, among others.
Dr. Boamah holds a PhD in Management Science & Engineering (Jiangsu University), Master’s Degree in Business Administration- Finance Option (Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology) and a Bachelor of Commerce Degree from the University of Cape Coast.
His research interests span the following: Environmental Economics & Finance; Energy Economics; Environmental Management; International Trade and Public Policy.
He is a member of the European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists (EAERE).
Dr. Boamah has won several awards and honours. Recent among them are the Excellent Conference Paper Award, 2018 (Sino-Foreign Academic Forum); Outstanding Achievement in Learning and Scientific Research, 2017 & 2018 (School of Management, Jiangsu University) and the Outstanding Graduating PhD student, 2018 (Jiangsu University).
Considering his background and impeccable skills, he delights in sharing and advancing knowledge at various platforms, conferences & seminars.
I always seek to provide and imbue my students with the requisite knowledge, skills, and techniques essential in achieving their diverse dreams and objectives.
To this end, I ensure the course contents are made more practical to stimulate interests and interactions as we pursue inquiry of topics in open and interactive ways; geared towards enhancing the cognitive abilities and critical thinking to be able to collaborate as well as work independently in their respective fields.
PhD in Management Science & Engineering: Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang, China, 2018.
Master’s Degree in Business Administration (Finance Option): Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana, 2013.
Bachelor of Commerce Degree: University of Cape Coast, Cape Coast, 2009.
Refereed Journal Articles
- Jin, J., Du, J., Long, X., & Boamah, K. B. (2019). Positive mechanism of foreign direct investment enterprises on China's environment: Analysis of host country regulation and parent company management. Journal of Cleaner Production, 227, 207-217.
- Mensah, C. N., Long, X., Dauda, L., Boamah, K. B., & Salman, M. (2019). Innovation and CO2 emissions: the complimentary role of eco-patent and trademark in the OECD economies. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 26(22), 22878-22891.
- Mensah, C. N., Long, X., Dauda, L., Boamah, K. B., Salman, M., Appiah-Twum, F., & Tachie, A. K. (2019). Technological innovation and green growth in the Organization for economic cooperation and development economies. Journal of Cleaner Production, 240, 118204.
- Mensah, C. N., Long, X., Boamah, K. B., Bediako, I. A., Dauda, L., & Salman, M. (2018). The effect of innovation on CO2 emissions of OCED countries from 1990 to 2014. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 25(29), 29678-29698.
- Boamah, K.B., Du, J., Boamah, A.J., Appiah, K. (2018). A study on the causal effect of urban population growth and international trade on environmental pollution. Evidence from China. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 25(6), 5862-5874.
- Boamah, K.B., Du, J., Bediako, I. A., Boamah, A. J., Abdul-Rasheed, A.A. & Owusu S.M (2017). Carbon dioxide emission and economic growth of China. The role of international trade. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 24 (14), 13049-13067.
- Boamah K.B., Du, J., Boateng, P.S., Bediako, I.A., & Mensah C.N. (2017). The causal Interactions of Urban and Economic Growth on the Environment of Ghana. Canadian Journal of Applied Science and Technology, 6(1), 312-319.
- Bediako I.A., Zhao X., Boamah K.B., Qiang, M. G. (2018). Urban Water Supply Systems Improvement through Innovation: Analyzing Mechanisms of Institutional Innovation Adoption. European Journal of Contemporary Research, 7 (1), 100-111.
- Appiah, K., Du, J., Boamah, K.B, et.al (2017). The effect of environmental performance on firm’s performance-evidence from Ghana. British Journal of Interdisciplinary Research, 8 (1), 40-348.
- Bediako, I.A., Zhao, X., Antwi, H.A., Boamah, K. B., Ampomah, B. C. (2017). Perceptions on Drivers and Barriers to Innovation Adoption in Ghana Urban Water Management. British Journal of Interdisciplinary Research, 8(1), 123-132.
- Sarpong, P.B, Du, J., Antwi, H.A., Boamah, K.B., Oladepo, A.B (2017). Reframing Procurement Challenges in Ghanaian Hospitals through System Thinking. International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, 3(2), 721-729.
- Asare, I. A., Zhao, X., Antwi, H.A., Boamah, K.B (2017). Complex adaptive systems and technology innovation diffusion in Urban Water Management in Ghana. A co-theoretical analysis. International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, 2(2), 721-729.
- Abdul-Rasheed A.A.A., Li, W., Abdul-Fatawu.I., Boamah, K.B, Bediako, I.A. (2017). Perspectives of Inter-Organizational Relationship Governance Mechanisms in Business Ecosystems- A Review. Canadian Journal of Applied Science and Technology, 5(2), 239-253.
- Boamah, K.B., Tawiah, R., Opoku, E.F. (2014). Industry Sector Determinants of Dividend Policy and its Effect on Share Prices in Ghana-International. Journal of Economics, Business and Finance, 2(5), 1-19.
- Opoku, E.F., Boamah, K.B., Osei, O.L., Hayford, A. (2014). Determinants of the Inflow of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) into the Economy of Ghana”. Social and Basic Sciences Research Review, 2(5), 265-277.
- Appiah, K., Du J., Boamah, K. B., Afriyie, S. (2018). Anthropogenic Factors Impact on Ghana Using Stochastic Impacts by Regression on Population, Affluence and Technology and Cobb-Douglas Production Function. Proceedings of the 2018 International Conference on Advanced Chemical Engineering and Environmental Sustainability (ICACEES 2018, EI)
Subject Areas (Teaching)
- BCPC208 Quantitative Methods
- BCPC 203 Introduction to Business Finance
Professional Membership & Affiliation
Member, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists