Name: Richard Amankwa Fosu
Faculty: Accounting and Finance
- Financial Reporting
- Management Accounting
- Public Sector Accounting
Richard Amankwa Fosu’s teaching and research are in the fields of financial reporting, public sector accounting and management accounting.
He attended Labone Senior High, Accra from 1998 to 2000, after which he proceeded to the University of Ghana where he obtained a Bachelor of Science Administration (Accounting option) in 2006 and Master of Philosophy in Accounting from the same University in 2009. He is currently pursuing a PhD, Accounting programme at the University of Ghana and is expected to complete in May 2019.
He qualified as a chartered accountant in 2010 and was inducted as a member in the following year.
He assisted in teaching Accounting at the University of Ghana Business School for three years and served as faculty intern at Ashesi University College for two years before joining University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA) as a lecturer in January 2011.
He is actively involved in the training of professional accountants in ICA School of Accountancy and other institutions. In November 2014 he was appointed as an examiner of the Institute of Chartered Accountants, Ghana.
- Doctor of Philosophy(PhD) in Accounting (On-going): University of Ghana, 2015 to 2019
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil) in Accounting: University of Ghana, 2009
- Bachelor of Science(BSc.) in Accounting: University of Ghana, 2006
- Chartered Accountant, ICAG
Published Journal Articles
- Fosu, R. A., Krah, R. Y., & Obeng, K. (2016). Compliance of Financial Management Regime in Ghanaian Local Government. Research Journal of Finance and Accounting, 4 (12)
- Fosu, R. A., & Delle, E. (2015). Predictive Relationship between Big-Five Personality Dimensions and Professional Commitment among Chartered Accountants in Ghana. The International Journal of Business & Management, 3 (10), 102
- PDBA 116 Principles of Accounting
- PDBA 223 Financial Accounting I
- PBBS 203 Principles of Accounting
- PBAC 202 Financial Accounting I
- PBAC 301 Financial Accounting II
- PBAC 404 Financial Accounting IV
- PWBF 313 Financial Accounting
- PBBA 302 Management Accounting
- Financial Reporting, ICA Part 3
- Performance Management, ACCA
Professional Membership & Affiliations
- Institute of Chartered Accountants, Ghana