Position: Senior Lecturer
Mr. Richard Amoasi-Andoh is a Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), United Kingdom and a member of the Chartered Accountants (CA) Ghana. He is a senior lecturer at the Department of Accounting of the University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA). His areas of expertise are Public Sector Accounting and Finance, Taxation, Auditing and Financial Management and Reporting.
Prior to that, he worked as Managing Director at Tobinco Pharmaceuticals Company Limited, Director of Finance and Administration at Pensions Alliance Trust, and as part-time Lecturer at Central University College. He also served as Head of Finance, Prairie Volta Limited, and Account Officer at Metropolitan Insurance Company.
Mr. Amoasi-Andoh holds MBA Finance degree from Leicester University, United Kingdom, and a BSc Administration (Account Major) from the University of Ghana Business School, Legon. He is an old boy of Mfantsipim School, Cape Coast, and married with children.
To foster critical thinking and problem solving skills among students, and passionate about organising the teaching, learning and assessment process to encourage students to think critically, and to cover much ground through individual, group work and presentation skills as much as possible.
- Master of Business Administration, Finance, Leicester University, UK, 2006
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Account Option) University of Ghana Business School, Legon, 1998
- Lecturer, September 2016 - date
- Managing Director, Tobinco Pharmaceuticals, September 2015 – May2016
- Director of Finance and Administration, Pensions Alliance Trust, March 2013 –September 2015
- Financial Manager, Prairie Volta Limited, August 2008 – March 2013
- Adjunct lecturer, Central University, Ghana, May 2009 – June 2012
- Business Studies Lecturer, City of London Business College, UK, February, 2004 – June 2008
- Metropolitan Insurance Company Limited, June 1998 – September 2000
- Public Sector accounting and Finance
- Computerised Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Management
Professional Membership & Affiliations
- Fellow, Association of Chartered Certified Accountant
- Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants, Ghana