Position: Lecturer/Director of Institute of Professional Studies, UPSA
- Accounting and Finance
Dr. Stephen Teye Akrobor is a Chartered Accountant and an Administrator with seventeen years experience in Auditing, Financial Accounting, and Cost and Management Accounting.
He holds a Doctorate of Finance Degree from the Swiss Management Centre University and Master of Science Degree with specialization in Internal Auditing and Management from the City University Business School (United Kingdom). His work experience spans the private and public sector. Dr. Akrobor has immense experience with the development of academic curriculum at the undergraduate and post graduate level, and HND Accounting curriculum at the Institute of Professional Studies and the Accra Polytechnic.
He is currently the Director of the Institute of Professional Studies of the University. Prior to this, he was the Pro-Vice-Chancellor, as well as Dean of the Faculty of Accounting. Dr. Akrobor has served on a number of statutory committees of the University.
My teaching career started at the Accra Polytechnic (Now Accra Technical University) after several years of working with industry. I also taught Financial Accounting and Auditing at the HND Accounting level 300. Being a Chartered Accountant, I apply the professional work experience to my teaching which makes it easy for me and my students to comprehend. I am very passionate about teaching, and always ready to assist students.
- Doctor of Finance, Swiss Management Centre, Switzerland 2017
- Masters of Science in Internal Audit and Management City University Business School- London 1995
- Institute of Chartered Accountants Ghana, Institute of Professional Studies (IPS) 1990
- Director Institute of Professional Studies, January 2013 to date
- Pro – Vice Chancellor, 9th Oct 2012 to31 Dec 2012
- Pro - Rector of Institute of Professional Studies (IPS), 1st January 2009 to 08th October 2012
- Dean of Accounting Faculty of Institute of Professional Studies, October, 2005 to31st December 2008
- Lecturer/Head of ICAG, Institute of Professional Studies, January 2004 to October 2005
- Head of Accounting Department/Lecturer, Accra Polytechnic, May 2000 to December 2003
- Consultant/Audit Manager in charge of Projects, Ghana Highway Authority, November, 1996 to April 2000
- Assistant Audit Manager, State Enterprises Audit Corporation, May 1994 to October 1996
- Auditor, State Enterprises Audit Corporation, April 1990 to April 1994
- Principal Audit Assistant, State Enterprises Audit Corporation, April 1989 to April 1990
- Senior Audit Assistant, State Enterprises Audit Corporation, April 1986 to March 1989
- Audit Assistant Grade I, State Enterprises Audit Corporation, May 1985 to March 1986
Evaluation of Dept. Recovery Strategies of Micro-Finance Institutions in the Greater Accra Region of Ghana. Vol. 10 No.1 January – June 2016 ISSN: 0855-9163
The Relevance of Internal Auditing to Corporate Governance. (In progress). Vol. 9 No.1 July –December 2015 ISSN: 0855-9163
The Role of “Susu” A Traditional Informal Banking System in the Development of Micro and Small Scale Enterprises (MSEs) in Ghana published in the International Business and Economic Research Journal, Vol. 6 No.: 6 – 2007, Clute Institute, New York, USA.
- Cost Accounting
- Financial Accounting
Professional Membership &Affiliations
- Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants, Ghana.