Born in Accra the capital city of Ghana Emmanuel Kofi Penney is a chartered accountant with speciality in Finance and Audit. Emmanuel’s expertise is in identifying clients’ applicable current and potential risks likely to affect the smooth running of their business operations and institute effective measures to curtail risk; evaluating and reviewing prospective financial information; updating investors on current issues and developments; and adopting measures to integrate such issues and their impact on client’s business activities; undertaking analytical review of performance measurement and system reliability; and ensuring that recommendations of auditors are implemented as partial fulfillment of quality control procedures.
Prior to joining UPSA, Emmanuel taught at Wisconsin International University and other tertiary institutions. He has also worked in a number of companies including Global Media Alliance, Keegan Resource Company, and the Controller & Accountant General’s Department.
- Academic Degrees
- PhD in Accounting (ongoing) -- Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA)
- Master of Science (MSc.) Integrated Accounting & Finance -- School of Economics and Commercial Law, Gothenburg University Sweden (2003)
- Bachelor of Science (BSc.) Administration (Accounting Option) -- University of Ghana, Legon (1999)
- Principles of Accounting (level 200)
- Financial Accounting (Undergraduate, level 200)
- Corporate Finance (undergraduate level 300)
- Cost/Managerial Accounting (undergraduate level 300)
- Financial Accounting (undergraduate, level 200)
- Financial Management (MBA, ACCA certificate level)
- Cost/Managerial Accounting (Diploma level 200, undergraduate level 300)
- Auditing (undergraduate Final Level)
Member of ACCA (UK)