Isaac Ofoeda is an emerging academic in the area of accounting and finance. Considering his academic and professional background, he has flair in the teaching of both accounting and finance related courses which include corporate reporting, management accounting, financial management, corporate finance, international financial management and the like.
Isaac is currently a PhD Finance candidate at the University Of Ghana. He holds a Master of Philosophy in Finance degree from the University of Ghana Business School, Legon and also a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants Ghana (ICAG) as well as a student of the Chartered Institute of Taxation Ghana (CIT). Isaac has a considerable teaching experience in the areas of management accounting, financial management, taxation, corporate finance, investment, micro-enterprise finance and financial markets among others. As a researcher, he has interest in corporate finance, corporate governance, financial markets and institutions, small business finance and development finance, adoption of accounting standards among others. He has a keen interest in the area of NBFIs, microfinance and SMEs and has done a couple of papers in this area.
- PhD Finance candidate, University of Ghana, (2016)
- Master of Philosophy in Finance, University of Ghana, (2011)
- Bachelor of Science Administration, (Banking and Finance Option), University of Ghana, (2008)
- Lecturer, UPSA- 2012-date
- Research Officer, Department of Accounting- Sept 2017-date
- Isaac Ofoeda, (2017) Corporate governance and non-bank financial institutions profitability, International Journal of Law and Management, Vol. 59 Issue: 6, pp.854-875
- Isaac Ofoeda, (2016) Credit risk management and NBFI profitability.International Journal of Financial Services Management, 8(3), 195-216.
- Isaac Ofoeda, Philip Gariba and Lordina Amoah, (2016), Regulation and Performance of Non-Bank Financial Institutions in Ghana, International Journal of Law and Management, Vol. 58 Iss 1 pp. 108 -125
- Patience Asamoah Sakyi, Isaac Ofoeda , Anthony Kyereboah-Coleman and Joshua Abor (2014) Risk and Performance of Non-Bank Financial Institutions, International Journal of Financial Services Management, vol 7, issue1, pages 19-35
- Isaac Ofoeda, Joshua Abor, Charles K.D. Adjasi (2012), Non-Bank Financial Institutions Regulation and Risk-Taking, Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance, Vol 20 Iss 4 pp.433-450
Professional Membership & Affiliations
- Member, Institute of Chartered Accountant, Ghana- 2016