Position: Lecturer/Co-ordinator, Graduate School
Auditing and Corporate Reporting Strategy
Peter is a trained educationist and a professional with over 20 years working experience in teaching, industry and commerce. He has taught for more than a decade at the university level, and has over 20 years experience in the field of accountancy. Peter Ackah joined UPSA in December, 2012 as Assistant Lecturer in the Department of Accounting. He is currently the Coordinator of three MBA programmes at the School of Graduate Studies. Peter also served as Treasurer of the Conference of Heads of Private Universities, Ghana (CHPUG) now Association of Independent Universities (AIU) from February 2008 to June 2009. He consults for a number of churches and serves on a number of boards including Pentecost Credit Union (PENCO).
As a trained educationist and a professional with over 20 years teaching experience, Peter is rated highly on the basis of student evaluation of his courses. He is best known for his ability to teach difficult concepts in accounting, auditing and other disciplines, thus making the course very practical and interactive.
Academic & Professional Qualifications
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Finance – Accounting Specialization: Universidad Centrale de Nicaragua (ongoing).
- Doctor of Education, Ed, Universidad Azteca, Mexico. From July 2015 (ongoing)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Finance: University of Cape Coast, through Central University College. 2009.
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) in Accounting and Mathematics: University of Education, Winneba, Kumasi campus. 2001.
- Diploma in Business Education (Dip Bus Educ), Accounting option, University of Education, Winneba, Kumasi campus, 1994.
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, (ACCA) Final Level
- Co-ordinator, School of Graduate Studies, for three MBA programs; MBA Auditing, MBA Internal Auditing and MBA Petroleum Accounting and Finance, April 2016 to date.
Ackah, P. (2018).Corporate Governance Practices and Corporate Performance: Empirical Evidence from the Ghanaian Banking Industry. Journal of Management.
Ackah, P. & Lamptey, L. L. (2017) Corporate Social Responsibility Reporting (CSRR) by the Banking Industry in a Developing Economy. Asian Journal of Economics, Business and Accounting. DOI, 10.9734/AJEBA/2017/32353.
L. L., Lamptey & P. Ackah (2017). Liquidity Management: The Practices among SMEs in a Developing Country. The International Journal of Business and Management, 5(3).
Mensah. E, Bassaw. A. M. and Ackah, P. (2017). The Impact of Inventory Management on Profitability: A Case of Distribution and Wholesale Firms in Ghana. Asian Journal of Economics, Business and Accounting. DOI, 10.9734/AJEBA/2017/32545.
- Graduate Level.
MBIA601; Principles of Internal Audit
MBAU601; Conduct of Audit and Reporting
MBAU603; Audit Related and Assurance Services
MBAU606; Forensic Auditing
- Undergraduate Level.
BACT312; Internal Audit & Review; L300
BACT401; Corporate Reporting I; L300
BACT404; Audit & Assurance; L400
BACT402; Corporate Reporting II; L400
- Professional Level
Financial Reporting; ACCA Part II
Audit and Assurance; ACCA Part II
Corporate Reporting Strategy; ACCA Part III
Advanced Audit and Assurance; ACCA Part III