Name: Mr. Francis Jones Tagoe
Faculty: Accounting and Finance
Position: Assistant Lecturer
Phone mobile: +233 (0) 209066598 / +233 248952570
- Accounting and Finance
Mr. Francis Jones Tagoe is a full-time lecturer in corporate reporting, audit and assurance and public sector accounting at the University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA).
He has over eight (8) years of continuous work experience with both profit and not-for-profit organisations. Before joining UPSA, he worked with Farm Radio International, a Canadian charity organisation as the Finance and Administrative Manager responsible for establishing financial objectives, designs and implementation of accounting systems for identified projects and programs in order to ensure full compliance with donor requirements. He also worked with Stellar Group as the finance officer assigned to oversee the financial management of all the hospitality divisions within the group.
He is a qualified member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants, Ghana (ICAG). He also holds a Master of Philosophy degree in Industrial Finance and Investment from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) and a Bachelor of Law (LLB) and of Business Administration from Wisconsin International University College and University of Professional Studies, Accra respectively.
I believe in the philosophy of participatory teaching approach, where students’ general understanding of a topic can be easily ascertained through discussions, dialogue, group and individual project works where necessary actions are triggered for positive academic and industrial excellence. My teaching philosophy is premised on my years of academic and professional experience and seconded by effective and efficient communication which requires timely feedback.
- Bachelor of Law (LLB), Wisconsin International University College of Ghana, Accra, 2018
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil), Industrial Finance and Investment, Kwame Nkrumah Science and Technology, Kumasi, 2017
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), University of Professional Studies, Accra, 2010
- Chartered Accountant (CA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ghana, Accra 2016
- Certificate, Governance and Leadership, West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI), 2015
- Certificate, Finance and Investment, Ghana Stock Exchange Training Programme, 2010
- Finance and Administrative Manager, Farm Radio International, February 2014 – June 2018
- Finance Officer, Stellar Ghana, November 2011 – January, 2014
- Accounts Assistant, Department of Accounting, Axim Government Hospital, October 2010 – November 2011
Yet to be published
- Corporate Reporting
- Financial Accounting
- Auditing and Assurance
- Financial Management
- Public Sector Accounting
Professional Membership & Affiliations
- Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants