Name: Mark Edem Kunawotor
Faculty: Accounting and Finance
Department: Banking and Finance
Position: Assistant Lecturer
Phone mobile: +233 (0) 249321387
Mark is a gentleman with a high degree of integrity and excellence. He is a very versatile and diligent individual who easily adapts to changing conditions and demands. He had First Class Honours in Economics from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), and an M.Phil in Finance and Economics from the University of Ghana. He is also a Member and an Examiner of the Institute of Chartered Accountants, Ghana (ICAG). He has years of experience in teaching and research at the university level and aspires to become a seasoned lecturer and researcher in Economics & Finance as well as a Public Policy Analyst.
I believe teaching should be directed at achieving three goals. Sharing and receiving knowledge, creating an enabling environment for students to share ideas and possibly disagree with teachers fearlessly but objectively and provide a platform for instilling good morals and values geared towards generational transformation.
- MPhil Finance (University of Ghana, Legon) 2016
- MPhil Economics (University of Ghana, Legon) 2013
- BA Economics (KNUST) 2010
- Chartered Accountant - The Institute of Chartered Accountants, Ghana
- Examiner, The Institute of Chartered Accountants, Ghana 2015 to date
Refereed Journal Articles
- Yalley, S., Djibom, H., Boachie-Yiadom, E. & Kunawotor M. E. (2018). Bank Recapitalization in Ghana, Who benefits the more? Global Journal of Management and Business Research, 18(1)
- Bokpin A. G., Ackah, C. & Kunawotor, M.E (2017). Financial Access and Firm productivity in Sub-Saharan Africa. Journal of African Business 19(2), 210 - 226.
- Quartey, P., Kunawotor M. E. & Danquah M. (2016). Sources of retirement income among formal sector workers in Ghana. African Journal of Economic and Management Studies, 7(3), 366-378.
- Kunawotor M. E. (2016). Consumption-Income Disparity during Retirement in Ghana. International Journal of Economy, Energy, Environment and Policy 2(1), 1-8
- Yobo, E. Kunawotor M. E., Apau, E., & Osei, B. (2015). Public Management of Ghana’s Metro Mass Transit Limited. International Journal of Economics, Commerce and Management. 3(5), 1186-1200
- Osei, B. Kunawotor, M. E. & Anane, E. (2014) Determinants of Health care demand in Ghana using the ordered probit model analysis. International Journal of Business and Economics Research, 3(6), 259-265.
- Kunawotor, M. E. & Adjei-Mantey K. (2014). Working in Ghana after retirement, Researchjournali’s Journal of Economics, 2 (7).
Conferences (Published Abstracts)
- Kunawotor, M. E. (2019). Climate Change and Extreme weather events: A major concern for fiscal policy in Africa: presented at the Economic Development in Africa workshop 13 – 15 December, 2019, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
- Kunawotor M. E. (2017). Financial Access and Firm Productivity in Sub-Saharan Africa. Presented at the International Conference on Entrepreneurship, Business and Technology 27 - 28 March, 2017, held at Methodist University, Accra.
Subject Areas (Teaching)
- BCPC102 Principles of Economics
- BBEC204 Economy of Ghana
- BBAF304 Managerial Economics
- BBAF406 Public Finance
Professional Membership & Affiliations
- Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants, Ghana (ICAG)
- Member, University Teachers’ Association of Ghana (UTAG)