Name: Gerald Nyanyofio
Faculty: Management Studies
Department: Business Administration
Academic Areas of Interest:
- Public/Business Policy Analysis
- Strategic Management in Public and Private Sector Institutions
- Administrative Theory
- Academic Research
Mr Gerald Joseph Nii Tetteh Nyanyofio is a Lecturer in Management, Public Administration, Organizational Behaviour and Business Policy and Strategy in the Faculty of Management at UPSA.
Prior to joining academia, he worked as a Product Marketing Officer at the Standard Chartered Bank, Ghana for over four years, where he remained on top of his responsibilities and provided banking solutions to a host of reputable corporate establishments.
As a Lecturer, Gerald has served as the Organizing Secretary to the UPSA branch of the University Teachers’ Association of Ghana (UTAG) for the past four years and has brought his ingenuity and selfless dedication to bear on his duties.
He also has a passion for education and development in rural communities. Thus, as a former student leader of the University of Ghana, he continues to lead a 50-member student volunteer team of this alma mater to various rural communities during inter-semester breaks to organise sensitization programmes on HIV and AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria. He also embarks on education campaigns to raise awareness on education in these communities.
Gerald has served as a member of the Academic Board of UPSA as a representative of Convocation. Also, he was appointed as the Secretary to the Sponsorship and Publicity Committee that laid the groundwork for the maiden International Conference on Business Management and Entrepreneurial Development (ICBMED) which was hosted by the University in April 2015.
In his position as a Lecturer, he has been helpful to hundreds of students on UPSA campus acting as an academic advisor for the past four years. Gerald was appointed as the Chair to the Committee that finally developed a comprehensive programme in Real Estates Management at UPSA and has been responsible for equipping students with knowledge in the area of Strategic Management and Policy Analysis in both public and private sector institutions. He does this by bringing both his academic and professional experiences to bear on his teaching. He excels on the job, primarily as a result of a sincere commitment and passion to help students to increase their potential in both academic and professional areas of life.
Mr. Nyanyofio is a native of Ghana and was born in La, a suburb of Accra, Ghana’s capital city. He is happily married with a child.
- (University of Ghana) - 2008
- (University of Ghana) - 2005
Published Journal Articles
- Nyanyofio, J. G. (2014). Job Stress, Sector of Work, and Shift-Work Pattern as Correlates of Worker Health and Safety: A Study of a Manufacturing Company in Ghana. International Journal of Business and Management, 9(7), 59-69, Vol. 9, No. 7; 2014
- Nyanyofio, J. G. (2015). Service Quality and Customer Satisfaction in the Ghanaian Banking Industry (A Case of Ghana Commercial Bank). European Journal of Business and Management, Vol.7, No.3, 2015
- Nyanyofio, J. G. (2015). Determinants of Mobile Banking Adoption In the Ghanaian Banking Industry: A Case of Access Bank Ghana Limited. Journal of Computer and Communications, 3, 1-19
- PBBA 402 Public Administration
- PBBS 404 Business Policy and Strategic
- PBBS 207 Introduction to Management
- PDBA 101 Business Management I
- PDBA 106 Business management II
- PBBA308 Principles of Public Administration
- PDBA 108 Organization Behaviour
- KMM Afrik
- University of Ghana, Legon
- University Teacher’s Association of Ghana (UPSA Wing)