Position: Lecturer, Department of Business Administration, Faculty of Management Studies
- Higher Education Governance
- Strategy and Quality Management
- Performance Management
Mr. Abdulai Munkaila is a Lecturer in the Department of Business Administration at the Faculty of Management Studies and also a Coordinator of the Centre for International Education and Collaboration (CIEC) at the University of Professional Studies, Accra. His field of work covers Leadership, Strategy, Management and Accounting. Munkaila is also currently a consulting member of Laweh Open University College, the first accredited Open University in Ghana, and the General Secretary of the Consumer Advocacy Centre, Ghana (CACG). Prior to joining the academic profession, Munkaila served in the following capacities: Senior Administrative Assistant, School of Graduate Studies, UPSA, Accountant, Adaberth & Co Limited, Assistant Auditor, James Quargraine & Co, Field Assistant and Enumerator of the Ghana Statistical Service.
Munkaila is currently a PhD student at Capella University, USA, where he is studying Strategy and Innovation. He is also studying Professional Accounting with the Institute of Accountants Ghana. (ICAG). He obtained both his Master of Philosophy (MPhil) in Leadership and Bachelor Degree in Business Administration (BBA), from the University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA).
His research area focuses on leadership, quality management, values and higher education leadership. He currently teaches courses on Strategic Leadership, Total Quality Management, Global Dimension of Business and Principles of Leadership. He has passion for advocacy and the desire to affect lives of others and as result he is an active member of Consumer Advocacy Centre (CAC), Ghana, an Affiliate of the Consumers International that champion the issues of consumerism in the Africa sub-region. (http://www.consumersinternational.org/).
Sharing ideas, creative thinking and service to mankind through the impartation of knowledge has been his ultimate goals in life. His Personal Values are Discipline, Integrity and Service
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil), Leadership, University of Professional Studies, Accra, 2014
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), University of Professional Studies, Accra, 2011
- Lecturer, Department of Business Administration, April 2017 to Date
- Coordinator, Centre for International Education and Collaboration, February, 2016 to Date
- Assistant Lecturer, Business Administration Department, UPSA, April, 2015 to March, 2017
- Consulting Member, Laweh Open University, Ghana, January, 2015 to date
- General Secretary, Consumer Advocacy Centre, Ghana, January 2013- Date
- Senior Administrative Assistant, Graduate School-UPSA, October 2012- March 2015
- Accountant, Adaberth & Co Ltd, February 2012- 2013
- National Service Personnel-Teaching Assistant at IPS, September 2011- August 2012
- Enumerator, Ghana Statistical Service, September 2010- January 2011
- Audit Assistant, James Quargraine & Co Ltd, June – July 2010
- Part Time Teacher, Madina Senior High School, June – August 2009
Expectations and integration of young academics into the teaching career: Empirical evidence from Ghana. Studies in Higher Education, 40(10)
The relationship between leaders’ values preference and leadership effectiveness in higher education in Ghana, Journal of Management and Information Research, 1(3)
First time Banker choice of banks: Perspectives of undergraduate students, Journal of Management and Information Research 2(3).
2012- 2014 UPSA Scholarship Award for two years Masters of Philosophy Programme
2013 Association of Africa Universities (AAU) Thesis Grant for MPhil students in Africa -Association of African Union (AAU)
August, 2014 Overall Best Graduating Post-Graduate Student –UPSA
August, 2014 Best Graduating Post-Graduate student in Master of Philosophy in Leadership-UPSA