Following the nation-wide address by His Excellency, the President of Republic of Ghana on the outbreak of COVID-19 in Ghana and the subsequent closure of the Universities, the Executive Committee at its Emergency Meeting on Monday, 16th March, 2020 discussed the issue and took the following decisions:
1. All classes should be suspended until further notice. The University will roll out its academic programmes online using UPSA’s Learning Management System from Wednesday, 18th March, 2020. In this regard, teaching materials for weeks 7 to 12 will be made available to all students online.
2. Students are advised to activate their upsamail to enable them access the teaching materials on the platform.
3. It must be noted that students who have not yet registered for the semester would not be able to access the online teaching and learning platform. Students are therefore advised to register for the semester.
4. The University would ensure that all student support systems are in place to ensure continuity of academic work.
5. All requests received from organisations and institutions to use the Hostel and the Auditorium for conferences and seminars shall be turned down unless the number of participants is less than twenty-five.
6. All the programmes for the 55th Anniversary celebration have also been suspended until further notice.
7. All conferences and seminars within the University are suspended until further notice.
8. All official, university-related, non-essential international travel is suspended until further notice.
9. All members of the University community are advised to observe the highest level of personal and environmental hygiene to prevent further spread of the virus.
The co-operation of all members of the University Community in this matter is highly anticipated.
PROF. CHARLES BARNOR
Download closure notice>> Closure of University of Professional Studies, Accra