The MA in Peace, Security and Intelligence Managment programme is a one year programme taken over two semesters. It is made up of core and elective courses as well as a research component. Competency based learning, practical based learning, and problem learning are incorporated into specific course and assessed in the form of demonstrable skills at the end of the courses. All core courses are "must take, pass and mandatory".
Applicants seeking admission into the MA in Peace, Security and Intelligence Managment Programme must:
- Have a good first degree from a recognized and accredited university/institution, preferably with second class lower or better; and
- International applicants with a first degree equivalent and English proficiency can apply for consideration.
All applicants are considered on an individual basis and additional qualifications such as professional qualifications and relevant experience will also be taken into account when considering applications.
Requirements for Graduation
- Students are required to take and pass a minimum of eight (8) core courses, each of which carry three (3) credits.
- In addition, all students must participate in all semester seminars (3 credits) to qualify for graduation.
- Students will be required to select and pass at least two (2) elective courses of their choice which carry three (3) credits each for each semester.
Components of the programme
- Required (core) course(s)
- Elective course(s)
- Research component
- Practical training, industrial attachment, internship, clinical experience, etc.
Required Core courses
The required core courses of the University's MA in Peace, Security and Intelligence Management programme are as follows:
- MPSI 601 Theories and Concepts of Peace and Security
- MPSI 603 Strategic Intelligence Analysis I
- MPSI 602 Strategic Intelligence Analysis II
- MPSI 606 International Relations
- MPSI 605 Crime and Intelligence Analysis I
- MPSI 604 Crime and Intelligence Analysis II
- MPSI 607 Research Methods
- MPSI 608 Security Law
The electives courses for the programme are:
- MPSI 613 International Organizations
- MPSI 615 International Humanitarian Law
- MPSI 617 Occupational Health and Safety
- MPSI 619 Cyber Security
- MPSI 610 International Migration and Conflict
- MPSI 612 Industrial Conflict Management
- MPSI 614 International Humanitarian Law
- MPSI 616 Human Rights Law and International Law
- MPSI 618 Inter-Faith/ Ecumenical Conflict in Ghana
- MPSI 620 Energy and Environment Security
- MPSI 622 International Conflict Management
- MPSI 626 Governance and Leadership
- MPSI 624 Gender in Peace and Conflict Studies
- Seminars on Peace, Security and Intelligence
How to Apply
Purchase Online Serial Numbers (OSN) at the cost of GHS200.00 for Ghanaian Applicnats and USD 120.00 for International applicants from any Access Bank/Ecobank/Post Office branch.
Log on to admissions.upsa.edu.gh to complete the on-linr applciation form using the OSN purchased.
Submit the following supporting documents by courrier or in person to the address below:
-Aprint-out and endorsed applicant's decalration slip
-Certified copies of all ceritifcates and transcriptions
-Birth certificate/ other national ID cards
-Two (2) completed referee reports.
School of Graduate Studies
University of Professional Studies, Accra
P.O.Box Lg 149, Accra
For further Information, please call: 0248393745